Our Champion and Trainer for the group Nick Fonotoe will be supporting each whanau member throughout the training which is spread over 10 weeks.
Tai Wananga Tu Toa is a unique Kura where at least one third of the students board on site and the remaining come from all over the Manawatu.
Their Distinctive points of difference are that...
- All taiohi have an ITLP opposed to a timetable
- The system fits the taiohi. Learning is the constant and time is the variable.
- Taiohi are at different points of their learning with different aspirations and interests
- Focus is on the whole person:mental, physical, emotional and spiritual
- Kaitiaki are collectively responsible for learning and well-being of tauira
- Focus for all tauira is aimed towards a Career Development Plan
- Whānau, mentors, experts are welcome in the ‘classroom’
- Taiohi engage in project based learning
- Tai Wānanga utilizes multiple ‘spaces and places’ of learning. The community offers many spaces and places of learning
- Learning opportunities are open to all taiohi. Options include University Entrance (NCEA), Trades, relevant qualifications offered by tertiary institutions or industryTechnologies integral to learning for all taiohi
- Technologies integral to learning for all taiohi
We look forward to working with these whanau
on their ITC journey.